9 March 2006
Question & Answer Sessions
- Why isn't Tim O'Reilly here?
- His flight doesn't/didn't arrive until 21:20. Bummer.
- Where is Troy going?
- Leather and Lace fashion show in Toledo on the 30th. He's also
going to downtown Detroit, instead of Rochester Hills, starting on
- Troy isn't looking at the moment. (The end of the world is nigh.)
- Procmail - getting the right From: in a recipe - how?
- * ^from\:( |\t)
For the stuff that he's sending to his cell phone, pipe it into
sendmail. And try filtering it through formail to wrangle the
- Security needs for smaller companies? (or: Why do small companies need
Troy's security services?)
- Generally, they don't know. Try to partner with someone that's
going into small companies offering IT, but not wanting to mess with
the security services.
- Why are recursive DNS servers bad?
- They can result in some really ugly DDOS situations.
Go to secure.cymru.com and look for secure BIND templates.
- Where is everybody?
- We're here ... where are you?
- Intel CoreDUO -- what's the buzz?
- It's a low-voltage, dual-core on a single ship that Troy's trying
to get ahold of to tinker with.
- Why will March 22nd suck?
- Normally, security fixes are small -- 50 lines is considered a big
update. In this case, it's a 2900-line diff. Expect to hear more
about it in a couple weeks.
And the fixes might not be right. Joy.
- It allows you to stream A/V data from point A to elsewhere on
the Net. No one here seems to have one, though.
Go to google and look around a bit; it's interesting.
Rumor & Innuendo (No names, please)