11 November 2004
Question & Answer Sessions
- Anyone interested in an HDTV group buy?
- Not for the puny discount it gets you.
- Does anyone make a 100 _hub_ anymore?
- Check google -- there's some Asian company out there.
(Call Black Box -- they're find it and get it to you if
you're at a Large Auto Company.) Also, see:
- Multiple LCD monitor experience?
- Check out ram-mount.com -- they've got all sorts of stuff.
- Speakeasy recommendations?
- Last we heard, they're still "geek friendly," but SBC is being
- Mapping the motherboard?
- Take every number and word on the motherboard and start throwing
them at Google. When you find a picture of the motherboard,
look for a manual you can download. Also, look for a CD that
may have come with it.
You can also back-trace from the FCC ID.
- Any good source for really cheap Intel boxes? (Systems, preferably,
not just components.)
- eBay. Or put a removeable hard drive in your current machine.
- POE scripts?
- We don't know.
- Experience with large-format Epson printers?
- Troy's having issues printing from Photoshop. (It doesn't know
how to print things that large.) If you to use some external
Check out Qimage.
- Got any suggestions for centralized web admin tools?
- Try to use the same versions of things on all the machines;
use ssh and sudo.
- How about cook, geek gifts for 2004?
- www.iwantoneofthose.com has a few suggestions.
- Where can I get a 5-minute BGP HowTo?
- Use OSPF and default routes for what Troy is trying to do.
- Cell phone pass-through?
- For computer use, you want to use Sprint. Don't try to use a
regular modem with it, it ain't gonna work.
- Cool! Keep up on future displays with the help of:
- Opinions on the Garmin 2610?
- Doesn't sound like it.
Where _is_ MJO?
Rumor & Innuendo (No names, please)