14 October 2004
Question & Answer Sessions
- Anybody interested in volunteering for poll monitoring? (Detroit, Flint,
Inkster, Pontiac need bodies)
- If so, contact Becki. Visit http://www.electionprotectionvolunteer.org/
for more info about such activities.
- Software to turn jpegs into playable DVDs? (I.e. slideshows. Any OS
- Ask John Ridley. (Send mail to Gabe and he'll put you in touch
- Becki is looking. FBI is looking for computer forensics people.
Sounds like a good match to me.
- Downloading and saving Windows media files -- how to.
- If you find a way to get the "streaming only" connections downloaded,
post it to the mailing list.
- Anyone interested in running a Tor server?
- See http://freehaven.net/tor/ for details. This has interesting
- Anywhere in driving distance from Ann Arbor that sells 802.11 pigtails?
- Purchase Radio Supply (327 E Hoover Ave., Ann Arbor, MI)?
GrayBar (8350 Haggerty Rd., Belleville, MI)?
Radio Shack (everywhere)?
- Solaris to EMC?
- Uh ... don't know. Have you asked Sun? Have you asked EMC?
Where _is_ MJO?
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
[2004-10-18 - Follow-up from John Ridley]
If you just want a simple slideshow at TV resolution, the most
compatible and simplest thing is a VCD slideshow. Nero can make them,
probably other VCD burning tools can too. Just grab your JPGs and drag
them into the compilation window.
Downside; 352x240 resolution, and the only control you have is number of
seconds between one pic and the next (settable per pic).
If you want to go nuts:
Freeware, many dissolves, audio track accompaniment, etc. Make an avi
using that, encode to MPG2 with TMPGEnc, burn to DVD.
Downside: more work. DVD-R media may not be readable in all players.
Upside: 720x480 res, snazzy looking.
Rumor & Innuendo (No names, please)
The earth has opened up and swallowed MJO. Or so we've heard.
MJO is currently tied up in the basement of some Big 3 CEO.
An unnamed Asian manufacturing concern is trying to clone MJO for
24-hour tech support availability.
One of the Cabal members has been sacrificed for the future well-being of
all employees of a certain auto manufacturer.