8 April 2004
Question & Answer Sessions
- Anyone got any direct knowledge of recent Linux compromise(s)?
- Nope. This sounds like it's in the last day or two, but no one here
is up on it. (Apparently, the vulnerability isn't new, but the
intensity of the attacks is?)
- DVD burners - what to look for, what to avoid?
- Buy a Plextor - ignore everything else. (708A?) It's about $130
and it just works. (Check techbargains.com for additional info.)
Check for what media the manufacturer recommends -- it DOES make a
- What is it in the current crop of spam that causes certain mail clients
(i.e. Mozilla) to hang?
- Wow ... that's wierd.
- How can I safely kill postfix's mail queue and turn off bounce messages
for future spam?
- Kill postfix, move the queue ... uh ... whereever that is. Then
restart things. Or something like that. lsof should tell you where
the files are.
- Paul likes mailman. Gabe likes majordomo2. There's other options,
but not much experience with them.
- What do I need to do to get sound and USB in VMware?
- KDE is grabbing the sound card (via rts); if VMware isn't
rts-aware, that may be the problem.
- Recommendations for fannish things in Madison, WI.
- WisCon. Go to Penguicon - there should be several Madison folks
there. Look into Xcon in Milwaukee. Find the local LUG and start
- DNS views - can you help with stupid split views?
- "Do you have your controls defined inside your views?" Look into
that. Other than that, not sure.
- Does anyone remember any questions Gabe might have had?
- Hmmm ... nope.
- Why can't Drew get a lock on his wireless card?
- Week signal, probably.
- How many people are going to the Post-Meeting Meeting?
- 15-ish. See you there.
Not a whole lot goin' on in this department.
Rumor & Innuendo (No names, please)